Electro Medical Links and Information
The Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners
The Royal NZ College offers a section on their website called Cornerstone Resources. We would like to direct you to their website to view some very useful further information on Residual Current Devices.
Visit the Cornerstone: Resources Section to view a variety of information in downloadable pdf and word document format.
These resources include:
- Aiming for Excellence 2011-2014
- Aiming for Excellence Interpretation Guide
- IT Risk Managment Checklist 2011
- Cultural Competence
- Cultural Competence Pullout
- Emergency Drill Reporting
- Repeat Presceription Long Term Medicines Audit and Report
- Infection Control Checklist 2011
- Heath & Safety Checklist 2011
- Residual Current Devices 2011 (we suggest you talk to us (EMTaC Ltd) about this.)
- Record Review 2011 Templates
- Greening Your Practice Toolkit
- Cornerstone Accredittation Programme Registration Form
- Limited English Proficiency Module
Two latest updates are now available: June 2016
- Updated Indicator 17: Medical equipment and resources are available and maintained
- Updated Indicator 18: Medical equipment and resources are available and maintained to meet patient needs
The Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners News and Events
As a professional body providing training and ongoing development for general practitioners as well as setting standards for general practice, the RNZCGP offers news and updates, including The Journal of Primary Health Care, and Conference dates & information.
Visit their website for: News & Events from The Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners.
Visit their website for: News & Media releases from The Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners.
Electrical Safety Tutorial
Visit the website for HowStuffWorks.com: Electrical Safety, for an excellent mix of simple to understand information on electrical currents and how they work. This page includes an incident of electric shock - experienced by a staff member working in an operating theatre during an operation! The article includes photos and an explanation of the incident and the fault that caused it.
Infection Prevention & Control
A copy of CDHB Policies and Procedures guidelines titled "Decontamination of Equipment" can be downloaded here for your reference.